A group of citizens gathered around the project "Theatre Play About Kotor", after eight months of work at the theatre play "KoTo (R) o KOTORU", has prepared APPEAL FOR IMPROVEMENT OF LIVING in town of Kotor. APPEAL is addressed primarily to decision makers/ city government that is funded by citizens of Kotor. Appeal will be delivered to all of them personaly. Read it below or download it here.
A group of citizens gathered around the project "Theatre Play About Kotor" from October 2015 to June 2016 has worked on the preparation of documentary theater performance about the town of Kotor. The preparation process was attended by about 60 people who, for more than 50 workshops together with director Petar Pejakovic, discussed various issues that affect their lives in the city.
During eight months of work, a lot of material is collected that is shaped in the form of a theater play called Kotor(R) o KOTORU. The performance premiered on June 20, 2016 in the packed hall of Cultural Centre "Nikola Djurkovic" and was visibly supported by the audience. After the premiere, the audience was contacted through the Questionnaire in which they were asked to list three major issues of importance to Kotor. The Questionnaire was answered by about 60 people.
Reflections of citizens gathered around the project "Theatre Play About Kotor", as well as the part of the collected material (that the audience submitted after the show) are formulated in the form of an Appeal for improvement of life in the town of Kotor, which is published here. APEL is addressed primarily to decision makers / city government that is funded by citizens of Kotor.
APPEAL FOR IMPROVEMENT OF LIVING in the town of Kotor
1. WE WANT DEDICATED, PROFESSIONAL AND NON-CORRUPT CITY GOVERNMENT THAT IS GOVERNED BY PUBLIC INTEREST AND NEEDS OF CITIZENS OF KOTOR.
2. WE ASK FOR COMMITMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT TO THE RESOLUTION OF DISTURBING TREND OF THE OLD TOWN KOTOR CITIZENS RELOCATION.
3. CURRENT EXCESSIVE URBANIZATION ("APARTMANIZATION") IS DEVASTATING MOST VALUABLE SPATIAL RESOURCES OF BOKA BAY. WE ASK TO STOP DECISION MAKING THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ARCHITECTURAL VIOLENCE AGAINST UNESCO SITE.
4. FEAR OF PUBLIC SPEAKING SUFFOCATES CIVIC ACTIVISM. WE ARE ASKING FOR COMMITMENT TO CREATION OF AN ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH EVERY CITIZEN WILL FEEL AS A FREE INDIVIDUAL.
5. WE WANT TO LIVE IN KOTOR WITHOUT THE FEAR OF CRIME AND MAFIA CLANS.
6. DECENNIAL COFFEE SHOP'S NOISE SERIOUSLY ENDANGERS THE HEALTH OF CITIZENS WHOSE PRESENCE IS CRUCIAL FOR LIFE, CHARACTER AND SPIRIT OF THE OLD TOWN. WE ASK FOR RESPECT OF LEGAL REGULATIONS RELATING TO THE NOISE LEVEL.
7. WE WANT KOTOR TO BE OPENED CITY THAT RETAINS AND ATTRACTS CREATIVE PEOPLE.
8. WE ASK FOR SOLUTION FOR TRAFFIC PROBLEMS AND PROMOTION OF SUSTAINABLE MODELS OF TRANSPORT - CYCLING, PUBLIC TRANSPORT, WATER TRAFFIC ...
9. CULTURAL ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS MAKE THE CITIES MORE DYNAMIC AND DESIRABLE PLACE TO LIVE. WE ASK FOR MORE MEANINGFUL CULTURAL LIFE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
The Appeal is signed by the actors of the performance KoTo(R) o KOTORU, citizens of Kotor.
Kotor, 4 July 2016.
APEL in pdf format can be downloaded HERE.
ACT4CITY is funded by Balkan Arts and Culture Fund BAC. BAC is supported by the Swiss Government through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the European Cultural Foundation (EFC).